Kedarkantha is a mountain peak of the Himalayas in Uttarakhand, India. Its elevation is 12,500 ft. Kedarkantha is located within Govind Wildlife Sanctuary in Uttarkashi district.
The climb to the peak of Kedarkantha starts from Sankri or Kotgaon village. Kedarkantha trek gives you the unsurpassed beauty, magnificent views of charming villages, meadows, snow paths, dramatic landscape dotted with lovely lakes, mountains, tranquil rivers and the great Himalayan peaks.
Tour covered: Jakhol, Juda ka Taalab, Kedarkantha, Hargaon, Sankri, Naitwar, Kotgaon
Duration: 5 Nights/6 Days
Altitude: 12,500 ft (3,800 m)
Pick-up point: Delhi/Dehradun
End Point: Delhi/Dehradun
Best time to visit: December-April
Nearest Airport: Jolly Grant Airport Dehradun, Uttarakhand
Nearest Railway: Dehradun
State: Uttarakhand (North)
Day 1: Dehradun - Jakhol
Arrival at Dehradun. On arrival assistance and proceed to drive 7-8 hours to reach Jakhol. Nearest town of Jakhol village is Purola.
The Journey till Purola is quite picturesque, going through Mussoorie, and Kempty Falls. Breakfast at Kempty Falls and then moved on. You will come across small towns like Nainbhag, Damta, Naugaonand and Purola.
On the way there is a place called Lakhamandal, which is said to be the same place where Kauravas tried to burn Pandavas in a Wax built Castle.
From Purola to Jakhol is 75 Kms, and you will come across Sunali, Jarmola, Kharsari, Mori, Naitwar and then Jakhol.
All through the journey, you will be following river Tons and will find beautiful location for river rafting at Mori. Jarmola has Asia's biggest pine tree, the entire area is covered with thick pine forest. At Netwar two rivers meet river Rupin and Supin which eventually meets river Yamuna. Netwar also has King Karna temple, which is one of the prime tourist attraction.
Day 2: Jakhol - Kotgaon - Juda ka Taalab
Early breakfast 1 hr drive to kotgao and 4 km trek to Juda ka Taalab with pack lunch. Overnight stay in Camp Juda ka Taalab
Day 3: Juda ka Taalab - Kedarkantha Base
After breakfast 4 km trek to Kedarkantha Base with pack lunch. Overnight stay in Camp Kedarkantha.
Day 4: Kedarkantha Base - Kedarkantha peak to Hargaon
After breakfast 6 km trek to Kedarkantha peak and back to Hargaon with pack lunch. Overnight stay at Camp Hargaon.
Day 5: Hargaon - Sankri
After breakfast 06 km trek to Sankri with pack lunch. Overnight stay at Homestay Sankri.
Day 6: Sankri - Dehradun
After breakfast drive to Dehradun. Hot lunch enroute. Dehradun Tour concludes.
- All arrangements for staying and camping while on trip
- Porter and mule support to carry camping equipment.
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in tents/ Homestay
- All meals (veg/non-veg meals) & safe drinking water
- All trekking arrangements with Sleeping bag, guiding team, camp staff and cooks
- Forest entry charges
- Personal luggage can be carried by mules or porters.
- Bottled water
- Any kind of personal expenses (laundry/phone calls/alcohol/etc.)
- Stay at Dehradun on the last day
- Any kind of emergency evacuation charges
- Travel & Cancellation insurance
Please note: itinerary is subject to change due to natural calamities and weather condition
For booking you can make 50% payment now and 50% payment 15 days prior to arrival.
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip 25% of total tours cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 30-15 days before the start date of the trip 50% of total tours cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 15-0 days before the start date of the trip 100% of total tours cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days
Route Map from Delhi to Jakhol
Delhi - Muzaffarnagar - Roorkee - Haridwar - Rishikesh - Dehradun - Mussoorie - Nainbhag - Damta - Naugaon - Purola - Jarmola - Mori - Naitwar - Jakhol.